Siemens Staff - Hardware Configuration Engineer in Tarrytown, New York
Staff - Hardware Configuration Engineer
Multiple Locations:Flanders, New Jersey; Newark, Delaware; Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 232642
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Position Overview Seeking a Hardware Configuration Engineer to help develop and maintain engineering BoM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for configurations in manufacturing. In this role, the Configuration Engineer will be the liaison between the solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing. This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering.
· Establish and maintain product data structures in PLM tools
· Establish and maintain engineering BoM’s for product design work package deployment
· Plan for configurations during both development (engineering prototypes) and commercialization
· Coordinate and support design release execution
· Manage integration and stabilization work package deployment
· Manage and support design change activities
· Coordination point for Design-to-Shelf assets
· Manage platform asset knowledge capture
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Ability to lead a small team
· Experience in Configuration Engineering
· Minimum 8 years work experience in PLM
· Minimum 5 years work in mCAD tool (Solidworks, NX)
· Minimum 10-12 years of total work experience in product development related field
· Domestic travel required (5-10%)
· International travel possible (<5%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Work experience in Teamcenter, SAP P41, and/or TFS, NX
PLM, Product Life Cycle Management, PDM - Product Data Management, Configuration Engineer, Hardware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .