Siemens Quality Engineer - 2-5 years experience in Richland, Mississippi
Quality Engineer - 2-5 years experience
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 234487
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
This position is in the Quality Department in Richland, MS reporting to the Quality Manager. The position is accountable for ensuring product/process integrity for high voltage circuit breakers through the development and implementation of systems that support internal processes such as the nonconformance system, final or in-process inspections, root cause analysis, 8D corrective actions, and other QC related activities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
This position is accountable for:
• Reducing non conformances and/or errors found in production and working with QM, Engineering, and Production to eliminate repeat issues.
• Managing nonconformance area product dispositioning and processing.
• Getting root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions in place while ensuring 8D method is followed effectively through implementation.
• Using customer field issues and internal NCR’s as drivers of 8D activities.
• Investigating first pass yield failures and implementing corrective actions to prevent same type of failure from occurring in future.
• Ensuring containment activities are performed when a non-conformance is discovered to prevent repeat issues.
• Timely completion of CAPA’s assigned to you for repeat issues / major issues with detailed root cause, corrective and preventive action and containment performed diligently.
• Supporting any customer witness points, external and internal customer requests, cost reduction activities, performing lessons learned and best practice sharing within teams.
• Performing detailed final and/or in-process inspections on product in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Reading electrical schematic drawings and product design drawings versus bill of materials.
• Reading and dissecting bill of materials to determine customer specific inspection items.
• Working as a team member on various cross-functional High Impact Project teams.
• Ensuring quality alerts are completed in a timely fashion.
• Reporting quality issues, performance and metrics to management and other department team members as needed.
• Working with supplier quality engineer on addressing issues found in the plant on supplied parts.
• Participating in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
• Participating in making changes to our Quality Management System.
• Writing and properly communicating internal or supplier related procedures or Quality Alerts as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Engineering degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Basic knowledge of how to read and understand electrical schematic drawings and 2D AutoCAD drawings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Basic knowledge of High Voltage Products desired
• Two years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Quality related role
• Basic knowledge of SAP preferred
• Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions, Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Good analytical skills, root cause analysis skills, time management skills, be self-motivated and self-directing and ability to proceed with minimal direction and information, good data mining skills and good computer skills, ability to self-learn, good networking skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .