Siemens Biochemist 2 in Newark, Delaware
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233783
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This position is in the Siemens Glasgow Technical Operations Department supporting the design transfer and manufacture ofcalibrators, controls and system fluids used on theDimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other automated chemistry/immunoassay analyzers.
· Participates/investigates escalated customer complaints and manufacturing issues. Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions.
· Creates and participates in the design of experiments.
· Coordinates and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation.
· Coordinates and performs material and process validations following written protocols, prepares validation and/or test results reports.
· May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
· May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use of manufacture of Chemistry/Immunoassay products.
· May work in the laboratory running Dimension, Dimension Vista, Atellica and other instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Medical Technology, Biology or related disciplines with 2-5 years of job-related experience. Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) may be substituted for experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience are desirable.
· Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA, chemiluminescent technology, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, as well as, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Minitab and 6 Sigma are a plus.
· A strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
· A team player, be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .