Siemens Plant Controller in Munhall, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Finance
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 236223
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Mobility Inc.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility Inc. designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens Mobility Inc. is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
We are seeking to hire a key business partner with manufacturing experience to work with the Plant Manager and his staff to run the daily activities of the plant. In this role, you will partner with all plant staff and plant manager to drive the financial performance to the appropriate targets as identified in the Annual Operating Plan and forecasts.
You will also work to determine the strategic plan, AOP and forecast. Key lead in driving financial performance and working with the organization to drive for cost improvements, initiatives and KPI targets. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the functionalities of the overall material flow and commercial project management.
· Leads site accounting activities including developing accounting processes consistent with Siemens business, deploying standard processes, ensuring compliance with corporate accounting policies and ensuring appropriate standards of internal control exist and are followed.
· Ensures the site is compliant with IFRS, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Statutory accounting requirements.
· Drives initiatives in Finance/Accounting relating to the following areas in the plant:
• General Accounting
• Cost Accounting including Standard Cost Variance Analysis
• Manufacturing Expense Analysis
• Capital Projects Requests Development and Expense Control
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Month End Reporting
• Process Improvement Savings Calculations and Reporting
• Inventory Control and Obsolete Inventory Analysis
· Timely analysis of margin by product and customer.
· Timely and accurate preparation of the relevant KPI.
· Ensures all financial reporting is completed accurately and timely.
· Keeps Supply Chain and Manufacturing Controller advised of all potential operational issues.
· Clear understanding of project management PM@Siemens and cost accounting on projects MTO and MTS scenarios.
· Deep understanding of manufacturing variance analysis.
· Production order and project execution inventory flow.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA or MBA a plus
8+ years of experience in a similar capacity - Plant Controller, Commercial Project Manager, Manufacturing Accounting, etc.
Excellent organizational, analytical and Communication Skills.
Excellent Leadership Skills.
Excellent Understanding of Cost Accounting and General Accounting.
Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .