Siemens Senior Product Designer in Mountain View, California
Senior Product Designer
Locations:Mountain View, California
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 234870
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Create the Future Every Day
Healthcare is changing and we’re already thinking about what’s next. Can you help us launch the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
We are Siemens Healthineers, a global community of designers, engineers, pioneers and entrepreneurs at the intersection of health and technology. We invent, build, and operate solutions that the world’s best health systems rely on.
We’re incubating a Silicon Valley healthcare startup that promises to transform care delivery by delivering dramatic productivity improvements to health networks. We believe this venture is poised to disrupt the market by infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation, and are assembling a stellar team to exploit this opportunity.
The Siemens Health Incubator is seeking a senior product designer who possesses a passion for great design, has a terrific aesthetic sense, an exceptional eye for detail, a deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems, and the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters.
The Senior Designer is a key player in determining the future of our incubated businesses. We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of setting the bar high for amazing and delightful UI design.
You will work closely with the Head of Design (an Apple alum), the Design, Product, Engineering and QA teams to provide interactive prototypes, design mock-ups, specifications, and final assets required for flawless design implementation.
• Minimum 5 years of experience creating exceptional user experiences.
• A natural diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills.
• A collaborator who prefers developing designs in a team environment creating the best designs through peer critique.
• Degree in visual design, human factor and interaction design (or equivalent experience).
• Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals.
• An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative digital interface design solutions.
• Deep understanding of the latest in web and application design for both Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
• Someone who loves reading Apple's human interface design guidelines documentation and equivalent documents from Android and Windows.
• This person sees only possibilities when looking at a blank white board.
• Responsible for key features or entire apps development.
• Looks at our products from the customer’s perspective--rather than feature by feature.
• Understands and applies the principles of globalization to deliverables in order to make the final solution scalable to other markets.
• Recognizes the contributions of all disciplines that contribute to the user experience and is able to articulate issues beyond their own discipline.
• Integrates business constraints into design decisions.
• Is a product and user experience representative when working with other functional areas.
• Articulates and rationalizes design decisions.
• Skilled at deliverables such as user scenarios, personas, content, and storytelling, to demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving process to stakeholders.
• Regularly facilitates design discussions with a focused agenda, clear goals, and high-quality outputs.
• Professional-level knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Pixelmator, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, InVision, etc.
• Complete mastery of OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android.
• Advanced knowledge of interaction prototyping tools is a big plus.
Please send along your resume AND portfolio for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .