Siemens Sales Estimator - Fire & Security - Miramar, FL in Miramar, Florida
Sales Estimator - Fire & Security - Miramar, FL
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236344
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Fire and Security Solutions Estimator reports to the Fire and Security Sales Manager in Miramar, Florida to support the growth and sales productivity of the Sales Team covering Miramar and South Florida Territory including the Collier County, Florida territory. In this role, the position will primarily focus on estimating, pricing, generating proposals and all work flow processes related to book projects which will ultimately drive growth of the new installation and service project businesses.
· Completes sales estimates for sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities.
· Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations.
· Collects information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed.
· Attends job meetings and site walk-throughs to gain deeper project and customer knowledge.
· Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams.
· Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire solutions and services.
· Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
· Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales.
· Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM), and other activities.
· Other activities include assisting in booking projects and flowing through entire Siemens work flow processes for booking projects.
· May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
· Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting, and order entry.
· Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order.
· Assists Sales employees with site checks to gather required information needed for quotes and/or Sales presentations.
· Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools.
· Ensures accurate data movement into the SAP system and completes any required adjustments.
· Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
· Uses AutoCAD to build riser diagrams.
· Coordinates wiring requirements with subcontractors on turnkey projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
· Required experience: Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for fire alarm systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimator roles from other segments of the electrical industry.
· Required travel: 20%
· Other Requirements:
o Demonstrable experience to perform quoting and estimating functions.
o Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
o Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical field to compliment the type of estimating work required for this role.
· Preferred experience: Computer knowledge and knowledge of the fire alarm codes and business.
· Other Preferences:
o Local connections with market construction contractors.
o Knowledge of Siemens fire products.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .