Siemens Software Engineer in Milford, Ohio
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231600
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
This position is for a Software Engineer working on a large commercial
CAD application in the area of integrating NX CAD. The employee will
perform software design and software programming for the NX CAD product
with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high
quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all of
the SDLC steps of software design for one area of a product. The
employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused
product areas. Some customer interaction may be required.
• Contributes individually or in a team as needed to meet the
requirements of various projects
• Maintains existing software code and resolves customer and internally
• Able to write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the
cost of defects over time.
• Works with customers to understand and improve existing code for
• Follows the various steps in the SDLC process including writing
design documents and coding.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
other numerate discipline from a reputed institute.
• Product development experience will be a plus, as will familiarity
with the software development life cycle.
• Must have a strong knowledge of C++. Minimum of 2+ years of
programming experience in C++.
• Knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and
• Must have demonstrated skills in design and programming.
• Ability to continually improve and learn new areas.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .