Siemens Sr Director, Financial Planning & Analytics in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Sr Director, Financial Planning & Analytics
Job Family: Finance
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Business Administration
Requisition Number: 234997
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analytics role in Siemens Healthineers NAM Performance Controlling [PC] Team is a lead positon in PC NAM USA,and thecentral resource on all revenue and revenue recognition topics; topics related to forecasting of oCOGS, SG&A and key BS positions, and Continuous Improvement including activities to support OPW and specific direct NAM PC initiatives currently comprising digital close.
While fully aligned with AC, this positon will be the central resource lead in the zone NAM on these topics:
· Forecasting & Planning: The role will hold NAM wide responsibility for all SG&A and oCOGS cost center analytics and forecasting, always aligned with the BA / BL / HQ leadership to ensure the forecast accurately and completely represents the best estimate of expected activity. In addition the role will own the forecasting responsibility for all balance sheet positions and related FCF forecasting period to period including the relevant KPI’s, with particular attention to the 90 day horizon.
· Revenue COE: The role will own inquiry subjects that may arise across the zone on topics of revenue treatment, and will provide certain levels of reasonable assurance and completeness on reported revenue through audit techniques agreed with AC and E&Y, including backlog, reach, and fair value assessment. Where necessary the role will employ detective activities to continue this assurance. In addition to and complementary to the role providing such levels of assurance, this role will either perform or have oversight and review responsibilities on key account reconciliations around the revenue topic, primarily the accounts including all contract assets and liabilities.
· Continuous Improvement : The role will own all responsibility for NAM wide process improvement initiatives including:
o NAM wide responsibility for BIC/PAI and related activity in support of theongoing effort for continuous cost and process efficiency. Through the implementation of targeted effective process reengineering and/or automation/digital measures, the role will be key in effectively managing to drive and achieve the NAM objectives. Working together with senior leadership through the global One Puma Web [OPW] and leaders in CX, DX and Service in the US and Canada, this role represents NAM and ensures accurate reporting of NAM progress in PAI, and other cost savings initiatives.
o As it’sdirectly aligned to the continuous improvement culture and mindset, the role will be the lead of the development of a digitally accelerated financial close in NAM with a focus on PC specific activities, with the objective of developing digital automation solutions that improve speed, accuracy and efficacy across NAM, reducing or eliminating manual repetitive efforts.
The role will complement the lead position of Financial Reporting, and guide & direct the activities of individual contributors focused on activities directly or tangential to revenue and revenue recognition assurance in the close and planning cycles, and manage the cost center planning cycles.
Along with the head of Performance Controlling NAM, this role will contribute toward the quality mindset that drives behavior in the journey toward a common culture of continuous improvement
Two matrix responsibilities around common threads, Period close and Cost center planning will require a shared resource within PC and also rely upon SME roles within the BA to provide business specific knowledge on changes in HC/FTE, Marketing spend or other non-recurring activities that may drive forecast accuracies.
Capabilities Required for the Position:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business & an MBA (or MBA in progress)
· Business Leadership: Demonstrated solid presence as a leader; including attributes in business acumen, driving a vision, coaching, and process reengineering/ improvement to build higher performance team
· Mindset: Demonstrated ability where necessary to conceptualize, define and implement/adopt new technologies to drive attributes.
· Experience: 10-15 years of progressive accounting practice and financial leadership in a fast paced close environment; specific people-management experience preferred.
· Proficient Business knowledge and knowledge of the organizational structure, the reporting structure & process, and the close, budget and forecast process. Leadership experience in these areas.
· Analytical experience andabove average skills for proficient distillation of business processes and results into actionable/consumable information and ability to provide meaningful presentations for senior leadership
· A developing digital mindset with clear understanding of the digital journey in Healthineers, including project & change management with the NAM Finance community
· Strong systems skills including SAP and related databases, expert level in Excel and PowerPoint capabilities, including specific skills in preparing executive communication ready to be consumed
· Ability to analyze and organize with quality in mind. Proven ability to arrange and balance activities and multiple priorities to comply with various tasks and due dates.
· Knowledge and experience in finance & accounting practice. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability is required/expected
· An excellent team player
Knowledge and Experience:
· The candidate has demonstrated extensive knowledge in their field of specialization or in multiple disciplines and the successful completion of complex assignments.
· The candidate has successfully served as point of authority and/or source of technical and practice knowledge for their area of expertise.
· The candidate has demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of their organization's business practices and current issues to be addressed and has contributed to ongoing problem resolution.
Position reports directly to the Head of Performance Controlling NAM.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .