Siemens Staff Systems Engineer in Knoxville, Tennessee
Staff Systems Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 233772
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Molecular Imaging Customer Service is searching for a System Engineer for the Service Lifecycle Management team that will focus on Lifecycle Cost topics. This group works concurrent to and integrated with the clinical product development processes. This team focuses on driving efficiency gains and excess cost reductions within projects and sustaining activities, driving serviceability topics, technical documentation, service replacement parts and support requirements for the initial delivery of a new product as well as sustaining the technical documents of the installed base of products.
Responsibilities for the person in this role include:
· Identifying appropriate service product requirements in support of the overall product service strategy, service marketing roadmap, and overall business goals.
· Represent service within the product development team; which defines and integrates design for service requirements into each product
· Tests and verifies the service product requirement specifications.
· Ownership of Serviceability and Lifecycle costs features in projects. This includes finding opportunities thru data analytics, quantifying their value, developing product realization concepts and monitoring progress throughout the project
· Create the System level troubleshooting concept from the FMECA; Documenting knowledge transfer by driving the service portion of the FMECA; Identify improvements in service analytics tools (Log Interpreter) needed to enable proper diagnosis / troubleshooting requirements.
· Create innovative software solutions to automate the service delivery process. This includes define, prototype and realize through oversight of extended SW development team.
· Monitor Lifecycle Costs, both pre-deployment and post deployment using established Service Analytics (SA) tools.
· Use a data-analytical approach to define concepts and path to realization for service deliverables, driving lifecycle cost goals.
· Interact collaboratively with cross functional teams, Siemens Business Units, and OEM partners to drive service business goals (Total Cost of Ownership, Maintenance Cost, Revenue, NPS) of new and existing PET and PET/CT products.
· Proactively identify potential problems and provides effective solutions
· Change management controlled through typical project tracking tools (ie CHARM, Gforge)
· System level troubleshooting techniques, strong service and/or engineering skills including excellent understanding of serviceability, reliability and quality of service.
· Experience in Healthcare/Medical Devices (development or service)
· 5 years’ service and/or engineering experience in complex hardware and software products.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team.
· Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including the field service community, product management and engineers is essential.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to executives, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .