Siemens Project Manager 5 in Knoxville, Tennessee
Project Manager 5
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 233721
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This position is for a senior-level system project manager for the Molecular Imaging / SPECT new product development team. Candidate will work with a cross-functional team throughout the development lifecycle to define, develop and deploy major diagnostic medical equipment and their updates as required.
· Will lead teams of approximately 10-20 consisting of cross functional disciplines to deliver projects within budget and approved timelines that will support new features and capabilities on PET systems
· Work with Product Management, Service, Systems Engineering and stakeholders to initiate, plan, and develop a project organizational structure to support PET scanner projects or service packs
· Guides project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change,
· opportunity and resource management activities) for very complex projects or programs
· Will be responsible for leading Project Steering Groups that will meet on a regular basis to assess project status and make key decisions to successfully launch new hardware and associated software on new PET products.
· Will present to executive management on project status at least once per month
· Will play a central role in planning and estimation of work required to meet product requirements
· Will prepare yearly budget estimates for their assigned project
· Will be able to create a work breakdown package and associated schedule using Microsoft Project Planner
· Candidate will be required to track all expenditures and labor utilized for assigned project
· Will provide direction to the cross functional team and make all key decisions required for their assigned project consulting with the Project Steering Group
· Will work closely with product management, systems engineering and other groups to prioritize project scope
· Will create and maintain a project management plan and project risk register.
· Will develop process improvement plans for Project Management and set yearly project goals that are part of yearly Business Line incentive goals
· Able to quickly create and analyze scenarios understanding the impact and trade-offs on project risk, budget and other projects in the portfolio.
· Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects
Required Knowledge / Skills
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical or Computer Science
· Minimum 10 years of experience in new product development and a proven track record of delivering products to market
· Materials management or new product introduction experience involving coordination of suppliers and delivery of prototype material for new product build
· Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management leading large scale projects exceeding $10M in R&D with at least 20 personnel across multiple disciplines
· Working knowledge of either software or hardware systems in a highly regulated product field
· PMP certified or extensive experience in project management
· Able to travel internationally and domestically about 5-10 % of time
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in hardware, software or systems engineering or engineering management
Preferred Knowledge / Skills
· Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to confidently represent R&D and their assigned project in various executive forums and reviews
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) including PMP certification or equivalent experience
· Understanding of the V-model or waterfall model of engineering development
· Understanding of agile software development methodologies a plus
· Ability to quickly learn the critical processes of the MI product development lifecycle necessary to deliver a product
· Able to prioritize and focus on project deliverables and quality in a rapidly changing competitive environment
· Excellent conflict resolution skills necessary for timely decision making within the project team.
· Familiar with Design Controls for the development of medical devices such as 21CFR820, ISO 13485, and ISO 14971
· Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
· Master’s degree in engineering or business a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .