Siemens Engineering Project Manager (EPM) in Irving, Texas
Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 236362
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer Project Manager (EPM). You will manage and lead projects staffed by multi-disciplinary teams that will invent the next generation of systems in the parcel delivery business for companies such as UPS, FedEx, and the US Post Office. If you possess the qualifications, skills and experience outlined below, we would love to meet with you to explore this opportunity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments,
including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc. Spends significant time on project management responsibilities. Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Manage project budget and resource allocation. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
• The Engineer Project Manager (EPM) guides the work of the technical internal and external teams assigned to the project.
o Possess good mechanical knowledge and direct the teams assigned to the project, to evaluate, create, design, build, and test solutions that can be sold as products in the Material Handling Automation market.
o Responsible for creating a technical plan, selecting the correct technical solution(s), and then implementing that plan.
o Works closely with external customers and internal business directors to take the R&D prototypes to a production-ready stage.
o Works with Department and Product Managers to create and maintain a budget and schedule. Projects will be reviewed monthly with emphasis on technical solutions progress and budget/timeline adherence.
o Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work.
o Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine engineering requirements.
• Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
o Prepare: definition/scope/requirements
o Execute & Control: scope, workplans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
o Close: completion and assessment
• Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
• Understands who is the client and what are the client's needs; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction.
• Knowledge of organization's methodology and tools.
• Core Competencies that are critical to role: Business Acumen, Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving, Collaboration, Communication Effectiveness, Decision Making, Influencing and Leading, and Responsibility & Accountability
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required; advanced degree preferred
• 8+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities; with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
• Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma is strongly preferred
• PMP certification/ experience is strongly preferred
• Previous experience with Material Handling and Conveyor Systems is desired
• Previous experience with the following applications is desired: MS Project (Gantt charts), MS Excel (proposals and data manipulation), MS PowerPoint, MS Word (SOW, Technical Proposals, etc.), AutoCAD 2D, and a 3D Modeling package (ex. UG NX)
• Must possess organizational agility/ability to get things done in a matrix organization
• Must possess good technical ability, and understand highly complex technical issues
• Known for effective leadership of staff. Passion for client satisfaction.
• Proven track record of leading “Change” initiatives impacting an entire organization
• Good written and oral communication with the ability to motivate others to perform well
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary Engineering team
• Travel Requirements: Up to 25% for customer meetings and integration testing at customer sites
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .