Siemens Project Manager - Low/Medium Voltage Products in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Project Manager - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Multiple Locations:Norcross, Georgia; Grand Prairie, Texas; Wendell, North Carolina; Houston, Texas; Harleysville, Pennsylvania; Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 234862
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-North Carolina-Wendell, United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Low Voltage and Products (LP) manufactures electrical distribution equipment. The equipment we manufacture is: Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, Busway, Panelboards, and Panels. We are an equipment supplier. We are not an installation contractor. Our equipment is installed in facilities to distribute critical power in all types of buildings.
The LP PMO organization is recruiting an energetic Senior Project Manager to join their dynamic team. The role will be to execute complex, cross functional projects as customer facing lead for external and internal stakeholders managing all aspects of the project lifecycle, including but not limited to the project scope, schedule, and budget.
Our Mission Statement is: The Project Management Organization (PMO) provides our customers, internal and external, with a value added experience. It is our objective to generate repeat customers while balancing the short and long term goals of both Siemens and the Customers we serve.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
· Takes full ownership and accountability to facilitate project success.
· Applies technical and soft skills to resolve complex problems to ensure successful delivery of projects or programs.
· Develops and maintains project/program plan and schedule that contain products from the Low Voltage & Products (LP) portfolio.
· Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems.
· Develops risk mitigation plans to preempt potential problems through the application of concepts techniques, knowledge and processes.
· Coordinates deliverables with internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed contract scope and customer expectations.
· Works closely with Siemens businesses within EM division to provide total customer solution of Siemens products and services per customer specifications.
· Responsible for all project or program financial reconciliations.
· Complies with Siemens policies and procedures.
· Partners with Commercial Project Manager (CPM) on order with milestone billing and PMO buyout.
· Creates and track project related documentation (schedule, change orders, punchlist etc.)
· Demonstrates and applies at a proficient level project management concepts, techniques and skills.
· Demonstrates and applies at a proficient level: application and concepts of Low Voltage Distribution Products.
· Collaborative communicator, with talent for establishing productive relationships with staff, clients, colleagues, consultants and contractors.
· Demonstrate and applies system skills (COMPAS, SAP, Teamcenter, etc.).
· Demonstrate and applies strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
· Achievement & results oriented able to identify complex problems, analyze options, and reach positive, effective, and practical solutions.
· Customer Service oriented, works well with internal and external customers utilizing strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
· Industry knowledge, understands our channels of distribution (direct & indirect)
· Is aware of risk of litigation and works to mitigate exposure from affiliates, distribution, Joint Ventures, EPC, and General Contractors.
· Ability to understand the escalation process and raise issues within appropriate timeframe.
· Ability to cut through the clutter and address the root of issues facing the Project Stakeholders.
· See clearly beyond owns vantage point across functional areas in order to successfully coordinate tasks and meet project milestones.
· Effectively and efficiently communicate across functional areas both with internal and external Project Stakeholders.
· Ability to identify creative ways to make things happen in an environment with limited authority and resources.
· Ability to exert influence through leadership skills.
· Understand the difference between fault and responsibility throughout the life of the project and accept ultimate accountability for project results.
· Cross-functional team leadership skills and team building mind frame.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, PMI certification is a plus. Related field experience in electrical construction field with combination of education can be taken into consideration.
Experience commensurate with position profile and industry ranging from 8 to 10+ years including direct industry experience OR Project Management.
Previous experience in a customer facing role within a dynamic corporation.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent organization and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
Ability to work in dynamic environment quickly adapting to changing priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively.
Flexible approach; resilience to setbacks; creativity.
Experience in working within large-scale, highly matrix corporate environment.
Experience in leading cross functional teams and setting customer expectations to deliver required results.
Ability to successfully manage multiple projects consecutively with volume over $2MM.
Experience executing complex projects through different manufacturing plants as customer facing project manager for projects/programs containing Low and Medium Voltage Power distribution products (LVS, SWBD, PB, Transformer, Busway, AIS, SIEBREAK, MVC, etc is a plus.
Some travel required to manufacturing facilities and to meet with Customers; 10%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .