Siemens Area VP, Point of Care in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Area VP, Point of Care
Locations:Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Job Family: Sales
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 236286
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The NAM POC Area Vice President is a field-travel based position with the overall responsibility to lead and manage five Point Of Care Zone Sales Directors, driving commitment and accountability within the respective zones sales teams to achieve /exceed sales goals. The product categories include Chronic Disease and Critical Care. The span of control consists of 5 direct reports and it reports into the NAM POC Vice President Sales and Marketing for Siemens Healthineers.
This is a key leadership role to generate revenue growth and foster a positive culture within the NAM Point of Care organization. This individual must have strong forecasting methods and accuracy; and the ability to inspire others while managing complex POC customer accounts.
The NAM POC Area Vice President will be responsible for ensuring the success of business goals within their area of responsibility. This will be achieved by managing the Zone Sales Directors, direct and indirect sales force on strategy, deployment of strategy, understanding the customer’s needs and creation of a value-proposition to the customer. This individual will be responsible for managing performance of the POC sales force and ensuring all direct sales employees are appropriately trained and competent to sale Siemens Healthineers products. Teams will be held accountable toward solution selling.
The NAM POC Area Vice President will work jointly and collaboratively with a number of internal Siemens teams to ensure a positive customer solution/experience. These teams consist of: Service, Technical Applications, Hemostasis/Hematology/Central Urinalysis Specialists, LD Regional Vice Presidents, LD Area Vice Presidents, Business Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR and other teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• In-depth knowledge of the Siemens value to the healthcare industry, focusing on Diagnostics
• Proven leadership capabilities to inspire and lead an organization
• Minimum of 10 years managing sales employees
• Ability to develop short-term (3-6 months) and long-term (2-3 yr) strategic sales plans
• Strong business and financial acumen: ability to manage contracts and solutions as a “win-win” for both the customer and Siemens
• Healthcare industry knowledge on trends and influences for our customer base
• Knowledge on how the Siemens story supports customers
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our customer solutions, solid decision making capabilities
• Strong people management and people development capabilities (Holding people accountable and being a player-coach)
• Ability to manage and lead change
• Ability to be collaborative with Siemens Healthineers and provide appropriate levels of influencing to ensure our customers come first
• Management of sales activity and tracking of key sales actions (Funnel management, sales processes, coverage on critical accounts, compliance topics, etc.)
• Strong leadership that creates followership and development of succession planning within area of responsibilities
• Approach that balances the needs of our customers with the financial goals of the company
• Proven track record in a solution-selling environment
• 7-10+ years’ experience in a complex sales environment (Capital equipment, Medical, Devices, etc.)
• High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer)
• Experience with CRM tools and the ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools
• Solution selling experience is required
• Able to travel and be in the field with team and customers 60% or more as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .