Siemens Automation Network Consultant/Business Developer-Northeast in Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Automation Network Consultant/Business Developer-Northeast
Multiple Locations:Harleysville, Pennsylvania; New York, New York; Cromwell, Connecticut; Iselin, New Jersey
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236228
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin, United States-Connecticut-Cromwell, United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a product Promoter focused on the Industrial Communication & Networking product lines. This position, based in Northeast preferably PA,CT, NJ or NY and report to the CI business segment and works closely with the regional Industrial Sales teams and channel partners providing expert consultative support to sales engineers and channel partners. The position will support the North Industrial Sales Region to execute demand creation activities, nurture and drive opportunities to closure, and grow Communication & Networking product line business.
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated promoter driven to:
- focus on targeted accounts for Communication & Networking products and services related opportunities in the North Industrial region
- roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs in association with Sales
- support and facilitate ("knowledge transfer") to sales & channel partners
- provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and customers ("technical advice”) relative to Communication & Networking products and services
- Provides pre-sales support for complex technical applications deploying Application Engineer as necessary
- support the sales organization to close identified opportunities
- Conducts/organizes cross functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, services.
- Provide consultative sales support to external partners (Distributors, Solution Partners) relative to Communication & Networking products
- Guides the development of business plans and product introduction plans on regional basis.
- Provides input into the product development requirements for new products or enhancing existing products or product lines.
- Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Work with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidate must have sales or technical experience and basic knowledge of industrial automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of “networking products” as a critical component of common automation system.
- Ability to discuss the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Anticipated travel: 70%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate the value of our SCALANCE & RUGGEDCOM product lines and our unique differentiators
- Familiarity with Siemens’ SCALANCE and RUGGEDCOM product lines
- Familiarity with commonly sold competitive Communication & Networking product lines in US industrial markets.
- Familiarity with local channels to market and of customers in North industrial sales region
- Experience in competitive account conversions
- Knowledge of Automotive industry value chain and typical work practices – Systems Integrators, OEMs, End Users
- Any type of CISCO certification or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .