Siemens Project Manager - Wiring Standards & Productivity in Grand Prairie, Texas
Electrical Products is a business unit of Siemens Smart infrastructure. Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Electrical Products provides the low voltage distribution and control systems and components that support SI solutions. The Project Manager will report into Smart Infrastructure, Electrical Products for North America, International Operations – Strategy & Process Technology department which is responsible for operational strategy and process development through all SI EP NA IO facilities.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The Project Manager for Wiring Standards and Productivity will lead multidisciplinary teams that will revolutionize wiring methods from customer configuration through delivery of products. Success will be measured as the adoption rate and sustainable use of wiring standards in complex electrical products and related manufacturing environment. The goals of this project are:
• To create configurations for 80% of electric content
• Integrate Electrical designs in 3D E-CAD with M-CAD and other business systems
• Driving productivity through Manufacturing via adoption and use of digital methods
• Realization of above vision for Systems products produced in the Grand Prairie, TX facility.
• Key success factor is the ability to work effectively with all facets of the organization – from design to manufacturing
• Diligent Project Reporting and Controlling including formal reports
• Project lead responsibility from implementation through completion
• Achieve project goals.
• Refine project scope, goals, and deliverables
• Develop full-scale project and associated communications plans
• Monitor project performance to ensure achievement of approved timeline at planned milestones, manage the project team(s), manage budget performance
• Identify risks involved in the project and provide mitigation direction.
• Liaise up, down and across the organization
• Provide project cost and benefit reports s.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Apply project management methodology and processes Maintain cross-functional/P&L interfaces
• Utilize skills to ask questions to open dialog, check assumptions, and resolve conflicts.
• Drive a high-performance culture
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience:
• Project Management (PM) experience (scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, prioritizing, risk identification and mitigation) (Prefer PMP Certification or equivalent) with proven project successes
• Greater than 5 years’ experience managing large, complex projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Relationship building including motivating multidisciplinary teams
• Direct experience in Engineering (Prefer a Bachelor of Science Engineering degree – Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Mechatronics)
• Prefer experience in the electrical apparatus / power distribution and control industry
• High proficiency in PM and communication tools (Excel, Word, Project & Visio)
• Knowledge of Safety in industrial production
• Travel required: initial 2 years 10%, subsequent years up to 30%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary.
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .
- Siemens Jobs