Siemens Senior Engineer in Flanders, New Jersey
Locations:Flanders, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234841
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Sr Development Engineer
Position Overview Seeking aSr Development Engineerto help develop and maintain engineering documentation and verification activities for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for changes in manufacturing. On the component level you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, documenting and releasing components from a variety of sources for our products. You will investigate the impact of supplier product change and end-of-life notifications on products for engineering/purchasing. In this role, theSr Development Engineerwill be a liaison between the solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing. This position reports to the Head of PLE.
· Manage and support design change activities
· Responsibility for reviewing and approving new part requests and maintaining integrity of the data in the internal PLM system
· Establish and maintain engineering BoM’s for product design work package deployment
· Providing support with failure mode analysis to ensure corrective actions are implemented
· Responsibility for the component verification process
· Responsibility for creating documentation pertaining to component qualification, component technologies, etc.
· Responsibility for execution of internal workflows such as BOM, production documents, product version changes supporting design release execution
· Maintaining of product compliance topics and certifications like CE, UL, RoHS, product safety or EMC
· Modification and functional test of where required
· Manage platform asset knowledge capture
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/MS Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
· Minimum 5 years work experience in PLM
· Minimum 8-10 years of total work experience in product development related field
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Understanding of mechanical/electrical datasheets
· Basic experience with measurement equipment
· Self-motivated, self-organized and results-oriented
· Solid communication and coordination skills
· Team player with professional/positive personal presence
· Domestic travel required (5-10%)
· International travel possible (<5%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with modelling and drafting tools (e.g. Nx, SolidWorks, ProE,etc)
· Work experience in Teamcenter, SAP P41, and/or TFS
· Experience in Release/Configuration Engineering
· Product Life Cycle Management, AGILE, SCRUM, Life Science Instrument Hardware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .