Siemens Product Engineer 2 in Flanders, New Jersey
Product Engineer 2
Locations:Flanders, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234838
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Platform Lifecycle Engineering (PLE) Scrum Master is part of the Global Engineering Organization’s R&D team and represents the GEO R&D team as a Project Manager on change requests meeting desired business outcomes. The PLE Scrum Master works closely with the Design Engineering teams and department stakeholders with responsibility to ensure product and business value propositions are met.
The PLE Scrum Master is part of the Platform Lifecycle Engineering (PLE) organization and reports to the Head of PLE.
Applies Project Management tools, practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of PLE product development activities within a project. Applies technical experience, judgement, and leadership to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed as appropriate and are in conformance with organization's established policies, procedures and objectives. Leads and directs the work of others within the project. As an individual contributor, must be highly effective at leading people with and without having direct functional authority over those same people.
The (PLE) Scrum Master should have a successful track record of leading technical instrument systems development projects of significant size, scope and complexity in the medical device industry, or similar experience.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies Project Management principals to engage the GEO Engineering team in creating end to end plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall commitments to the business.
• Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear.
• Represents the status of the PLE plan and schedule to the Project Core Team and to senior management.
• Project budgeting and resource management for all GEO deliverables within a project, with insight into cross functional deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring completion of all GEO project documentation.
• Provides support to the project team and business during audits by various internal and external agencies.
• Travel commensurate to lead cross-site project team.
• Comprehensive training and experience in Agile Project and Program Management disciplines.
• Strong technical, leadership and communication skills.
• Be an effective change agent when the GEO Organization deploys new tools and organizational structures as part of a vision to have a world class product development environment.
• Attention to quality in all activities and initiatives.
• Constantly assess the project against Product Business Case and Project goals to maintain the Project Value Proposition.
• Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants).
• Experience with new technologies and approaches in the field.
• The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Contingency planning and risk mitigation.
• Ability to analyze critical chain, and find opportunities instead of seeing constraints only as unchanging barriers.
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience in Engineering / R&D.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Facilitates GEO R&D project planning activities.
Conducts GEO R&D progress and status meetings.
Participates in Technical Product and Design Reviews
Provides informative briefings to many levels of business leadership outside of the project organization.
Ensures GEO R&D activities are integrated with other business functions during product development.
Conduct recovery planning when project activities put project objectives at risk.
Proactively use Project and Technical Risk Management to make GEO R&D plans robust.
Effective presentation skills; An executive presence that creates confidence in key stake holders.
Facilitate effective planning sessions at many levels within the GEO R&D Organization.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
PMP Certification is desired but not required
Knowledge and training in Agile PM and Agile product development is desired.
Examples of successfully leading projects of increasing scope and complexity.
Experience in the IVD industry is desired.
Experience within the FDA Medical Device Design Control environment is desired.
Direction of Others:
Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
Key Working Relationships:
Acts as advisor to Project Core Team Leader and R&D Management.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .