Siemens Engineering Project Manager in East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Engineering Project Manager
Locations:East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234758
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If youreally want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
The Siemens Rail Automation (RA) team is looking for a highly motivated individual for an Engineering Project Manager role to execute projects and help grow Rail Automation business in the Americas.
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be part of a team that consists of employees from multiple disciplines all focused on successful project execution and the development of winning proposals. You will work closely with Customers, Engineering, Supply Management, Manufacturing, and the Products groups to support and execute new Rail Automation opportunities. The role will also entail scheduling projects to ensure cost and time objectives are being met, review of complex engineering designs, presenting reports, and supporting proposals on an as needed basis.
• Oversee all engineering activities and project deliverables.
• Understand the specifications to ensure designs and deliverables comply with contract and technical requirements.
• Prepare project plans for carrying out the design, procurement, and delivery of all components for the project. Identify and manage project risks/opportunities.
• Ensure timely achievement of project milestones.
• Coordinate all Project Engineering activities, both internal and external to Siemens, to ensure that work complies with the contract and is performed on time.
• Expedite the flow of Technical Documents and ensure compliance with contract and project requirements.
• Maintain engineering compliance matrix (Doors).
• Develop and execute engineering project resource allocation plans.
• Create and maintain cost control documentation and reports for Estimated Time to Complete (ETC), material costs, manpower burn rates, etc.
• Create and present project summary reports.
• Execute and drive project lifecycle tollgate process.
• Review and sign off of engineering designs and document.
• Prepare/analyze project schedules (including identification of critical path and near-critical path activities) to monitor progress and provide early identification of potential solutions/mitigations for identified schedule issues.
• Guide and mentor project team members
• Assist the Project Manager on managing all matters pertaining to the contract and the overall project.
• Implement and coordinate strategies to close out the project.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Knowledge of Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project a plus. PMP Certification preferred.
• Embedded systems
• Green or Black belt certification
• Financial experience at the project level
• Engineering project lifecycle experience
• Doors Compliance software experience
• Bid and proposal experience
• 5% Travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .