Siemens Additive Manufacturing Program Management Student Intern (MFE, AS) in Cypress, California
Additive Manufacturing Program Management Student Intern (MFE, AS)
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 235621
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Additive Manufacturing Program Management StudentInternship
Location: Cypress, California
Start Date: Spring 2019
Discover your career with us at SiemensPLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
The main objective of this position is to support the head of the Additive Manufacturing program management in its day to day task to run and manage the AM program initiative. This will included but not limited to help the AM program manager to control, report and represent the AM initiative.
The candidate will report directly to the head (VP) of the Additive Manufacturing Program Initiative in Siemens DF-PL as part of the Manufacturing Engineering Solution business segment (MFE).
The main responsibility of the candidate is to support the AM program manager in his day to day task to run the initiative with includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
· Managing and controlling the technical progress of the AM Initiative
· Collecting status updates for program reviews with management and division
· Help in preparation for quarterly status updates on AM Masterplan and DEAP reviews
· Help in collecting financial information in regards to revenues, partner royalty payments, and other financial information
· Set up meetings and events
· Support Go-To-Market and Marketing plans and Campaigns
· Preparing demonstration and material (like ppt or videos) of the End-to-End AM solution for the GSS organization and major events
· Support management with customer events
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree
· Basic knowledge of Industrial engineering and basic business functions –The position requires a BS education completed.
· Fluent in English language (writing and speaking) German language skill is welcome in the communication with the DF headquarter in Germany (as well as customers)
· Basic skills in major MS tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One-Note)
· Technical skills: CAD/CAM
· No work experience or industry practice is required
· The positions requires up to 20% travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .