Siemens Project Manager- Healthcare Laboratory in Berkeley, California
Project Manager- Healthcare Laboratory
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 234185
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) offers high-complexity assay development and biomarker testing in support of drug development and clinical research programs. We offer end to end diagnostics services for our pharmaceutical and biotech partners creating breakthroughs in precision medicine and solving key challenges in drug research, development and laboratory testing.
Our expertise and services include biomarker discovery, development and use of new analytical technologies, optimization and validation of biomarker assays and introduction of companion diagnostics.
SHL requires a Project Manager to optimize on-going and future development projects with our pharmaceutical customers.
· Develop project plans and track resources in conjunction with internal teams.
· Interface with R&D, operations, quality/regulatory and commercial teams.
· Interface with external pharmaceutical customers.
· Organize and manage external and internal meetings and calls.
· Use MS Office and MS Project software packages as effective management and communication tools.
· Be a contributor to business strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
· 8-10 years of experience in project management
· Strong biological sciences experience
· Technical knowledge of nucleic acid-, immuno-, and cell-based assays
· Good understanding of both drug development in the BioPharmaceutical industry and diagnostics test development in the Laboratory Diagnostics industry
· Strong analytical skills with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
· Capable of leading and motivating cross-functional teams
· Flexible interpersonal skills
· Excited by working in small, dynamic teams with a start-up mentality within the setting of a large multi-site corporation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master’s degree or higher
· PMP certification
· Previous employment with diagnostics/biopharma companies
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .