Siemens Solutions Technician I- Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD in Beltsville, Maryland
Solutions Technician I- Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Beltsville, MD
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236397
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division is searching for a dynamic Systems Technician to coordinate, manage, implement and/or perform technical product support for Building Automation/Energy Management equipment that has been newly installed. Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the business? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by working alongside our Engineering and Operations team. You will be the direct point person for jobs for our Siemens Energy Management Controls projects. Are you ready to bring your experience to Siemens? If so, we want to see your resume today!
· Under supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems on non-complex including troubleshooting of systems.
· Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
· Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
· Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
· Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
· Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems controls.
· Creates/reviews and uploads point database.
· Assists in the development and or updating of system graphics both backgrounds and dynamics.
Verifies point database and assists in programming operations are consistent with scope of work.
· Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
· Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School, GED required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
· Experience or training with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.).
· 1-3 years’ experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered.
· Basic knowledge of HVAC fundamentals & concepts.
· Basic knowledge of Electrical Circuits.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
· Understanding of business operations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Temperature control automation experiences a plus.
· Computer, Electronic, Electrical Knowledge and or experience a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .