Siemens Drafter - Fire/Life Safety Systems - Baltimore, MD in Baltimore, Maryland
Drafter - Fire/Life Safety Systems - Baltimore, MD
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 225663
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Produces system installation drawings including floor plans, riser diagrams, system diagrams and layouts using manual drawing techniques and PC based CAD system (AUTOCAD).
· Assembles operation and maintenance manuals and systems documentation for system owners.
· Prepares system drawings per specifications and plans supplied including point to point wiring diagrams, riser diagrams and floor plans, for systems sold by the branch.
· Prepares voltage drop calculations, load calculations, battery calculations under the direction of the branch engineering staff, for inclusion on system drawings or documentation.
· Assists project management, engineering staff and the service department with technical projects. Performs other related document and drawing tasks as assigned.
· Maintains the required material and supplies required to complete the documentation in the branch, including preparing purchase requisitions for submission to the Eng Team Leader .
· Maintain the supply of technical and sales literature required to support the system documentation prepared in the branch including submittals and sales proposals.
· Attends and successfully complete training classes and seminars offered by the company and other agencies. Performs administrative tasks as needed to support the Field Branch office.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates or Technical degree in Drafting or CAD.
· 2+ years Drafting/ CAD experience
· Understanding in the operation of the latest version of AUTOCAD and AUTOCAD LSP.
· Ability to operate the CAD system and use all feature such as layering techniques, file conversion, and dimensioning Proficient with IBM compatible personal computer and knowledge of DOS and Windows operating systems.
· Familiar with the operation of word processing and spreadsheet programs
· Able to work with blueprints: architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural and site plans.
· Understanding of the standard design symbols common to the fire alarm industry
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .